Table of Contents
- Maritime Security
- Maritime Diplomacy
- Maritime Columns: Reports & Blogs
- Economy and Trade Agreements
- CPEC & Gwadar Developments
- China ‘developing electromagnetic rocket with greater re range’ Programme’s lead scientist speaks of ‘substantial progress’ in devising a high-velocity rocket that can y further from Tibet
- Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam have established or improved their respective coast guard organization independent of the Navy. The mandates of these agencies are not limited to maritime-security and law-enforcement, but also includes maritime-safety and maritime-environmental protection.
- In early august, Singapore hosted the table-top exercise for the inaugural ASEAN-China Maritime Exercise. China Defense Minister agreed to launch the ASEAN-China Maritime Exercise in 2018 as a basis for developing plans to respond to maritime incidents, including SAR & Medical evacuation procedure.
- The U.S Navy and Coast Guard completed trilateral exercise with Iraqi & Kuwaiti Navy partners in the north Arabian Gulf. Exercise events included live re gunnery exercises, visit board, SAR & seizure team training and high value unit protection operations.
- China isn’t our target, says French Paci c naval commander. France has forces based at New Caledonia and French Polynesia, but maintains it will stay right out of regional territorial disputes.
- India and Thailand today decided to step up defence and security cooperation, particularly in the maritime sphere, considering the evolving security situation in the critical sea lanes in the region.
- Three batwing B-2 stealth bombers are in Hawaii for their rst deployment to the state, Paci c Air Forces said. The bombers, which are capable of carrying nuclear and conventional weapons, ew into Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam on Wednesday from Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri.
- Pak to play crucial role in ensuring Afghanistan’s stability.
- India External A airs Minister Sushma Swaraj were arrived at Vietnamese capital, Hanoi, on the rst leg of her four-day two-nation tour, which aims at deepening India’s strategic cooperation with Vietnam and Cambodia — the key countries in the ASEAN region.
- BIMSTEC eyes higher pro le, visibility in Indo-Paci c region. The fourth BIMSTEC summit in Nepal on 30-31 August is likely to host leaders of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Thailand and Sri Lanka.
- Japan’s Indo-Paci c Defense Outreach Continues in Sri Lanka and India. Itsunori Onodera became the rst Japanese defense minister to visit Sri Lanka.
- Re-shaping India-US Defense Cooperation in the Indo-Paci cThe forthcoming inaugural meeting of the United States-India Ministerial 2+2 Dialogue provides a historic opportunity.
- Newly arrived U.S. Ambassador to South Korea Adm. Harry B. Harris defended U.S. immigration and trade policies at a forum on Washington’s “Indo-Paci c’ strategy in Asia.
- 75 youth ambassadors to travel to Indo-Paci c nations for cultural diplomacy.
- South Africa’s Department of International Relations and Cooperation (DIRCO) on August 26 revealed that DIRCO Deputy Minister Luwellyn Landers will attend the third Indian Ocean Conference in Hanoi on August 27-28.